The wind is calling for the kids in June… The sailing courses of Arkas Cesme Sailing Youth and Sports Club have begun in June on one of the best sailing racecourses of the world in Cesme. The courses will be held during the whole summer season at the club, which sends national athletes to represent Turkey in the European and world championships.
Sailing courses have started to take place in compliance with pandemic measures at Arkas Cesme Sailing Youth and Sports Club, which has trained numerous national athletes and has successfully represented the Turkish sailing community with national and international medals and trophies since the day it was established. Having started to be held as of June on one of the best sailing racecourses of the world in Cesme, the courses aim to breathe new life to sailing.
Training Sailors of the Next Generation
Providing the national teams of the Turkish Sailing Federation with young athletes in various classes, the club offers children aged 7-15 years full-day or half-day summer courses. The courses, which will give trainees the chance to do one-to-one sailing exercises with trainers, are held between 10 am to 5 pm during weekdays and will be offered as 3-week programs during the whole season.
Our National Pride in the European and World Championships
This year, Doruk Demircan, our athlete from Arkas Cesme Sailing Youth and Sports Club, has become champion in the Laser Standard Youth category of the Turkish Sailing Federation (TYF) 2021 National Team Qualifying Races and joined the Laser Standard National Team camp, held between May 20-26 in Cesme-Izmir. Demircan will represent our country in the U21 European Championship that will take place in Tivat-Montenegro between June 5-17 and then in the U 21 World Championship to be held in Weymouth-England between August 17-28.
Demir Dirik and Doruk Solmazlar, 420 class sailors of Arkas Cesme Sailing Youth and Sports Club, have been qualified for the 420 national team camp that was organized between May 22 and May 27 in Urla-Izmir. Both Dirik and Solmazlar will compete for our country in the 420 World Championship to be held in San Remo-Italy between June 26 and July 10.
The accomplishments of Arkas Cesme Sailing Youth and Sports Club in the field of sailing can be listed as follows:
- Winner of the Laser 4.7 World Championship 2017 – Yılkan Timurşah
- Winner of the Optimist European Championship 2017 – Demir Dirik
- 2nd Place Winner of the Optimist European Championship 2017 – Demir Dirik
- 2nd Place Winner of the Laser 4.7 European Championship 2017 – Yılkan Timurşah
- 8th Place Winner of the Laser 4.7 European Championship 2018 – Doruk Demircan
EUROPEAN CUPS – SPECIAL REGATTAS
- 2nd Place Winner of the Athens Eurolymp Week 2017 in Laser 4.7 Class – Yılkan Timurşah
- 3rd Place Winner of the Athens Eurolymp Week 2017 in Laser Class – Mustafa Çakır
- 2nd Place Winner of the Optimist Asian Championship 2017 – Demir Dirik
- 2nd Place Winner of the Optimist Asian Team Championship 2017 – Demir Dirik
For further information on the summer sailing courses please contact the club by calling the number 0232 7231915 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.